The following are skills and tips for employees who are responsible for conducting follow-up conversations (Quality Conversations) with customers as part of a Customer Engagement Program.
- Speak naturally and clearly—don't read from a script
- Smile when on the phone (the customer will hear it in your voice).
- Be an active listener—reflect back what you hear.
- Empathize with the customer.
- Apologize with sincerity if something went wrong for the customer.
- Thank the customer, letting them know you truly appreciate their business.
- Make sure to tell the customer what you will do in response to their feedback.
- Take notes during or directly after the call. (Click here for more information on how to document the outcomes of a Quality Conversation.)