The Brand Integrity Platform is built to support managers in sustaining an environment for engaged employees. Our experience has shown that points serve as an effective technique for driving usage of a company’s platform.
Here is a quick list of why points matter:
- To clearly show overall participation with the program and engagement with your company’s brand/values.
- Provide a helpful, simple data point for managers to spark conversations and encourage activity.
- Serve as a valuable reminder to encourage participation and the sharing of successes and best practices.
- Add an element of fun and excitement.
- Make it easy to facilitate additional recognition or company rewards.
- Help employees to see the relevance and importance of their efforts.
In the platform, points do not need to be tied to a reward or incentive. For some cultures, it is appropriate to associate points with additional reward, such as gift cards, but that isn’t the norm and it depends on a company’s preferences.
The platform is designed to prevent gaming, workarounds, or negative competition. Managers have to review each recognition post, so employees cannot simply post something in order to increase the number of points they receive. The system is also designed so point rules are configurable. That is, clients decide the restrictions and/or values that dictate how points are allotted for activity in the platform. Your company program’s point rules are available on the Points page in your company platform.