The following are helpful tips for making the most of your program and ensuring you and your colleagues are a part of Living the Brand every day! Check out this article for an introduction to recognition.
Living the Brand with recognition
- Get in the habit. Incorporate recognition into your day-to-day by thanking colleagues through formal (writing recognition posts) and informal (in-person) channels.
- Keep it consistent. When you see someone doing something that has a positive impact (on employees, customers, or the company) or brings your team/department closer to achieving a goal, write a recognition post acknowledging the action and the impact it had.
- Be social. Similar to social media programs like Facebook, your program provides the opportunity to like, share, and comment on posts. These features demonstrate to your colleagues that you notice the hard work that they do, and they are also an easy way to earn achievements or points and interact with your program. Click here to watch a short e-learning on being social.
- Make your company brand/values part of the conversation. If you have an example of a good behavior, best practice, or a recent recognition post, share it during a team meeting or daily huddle. Doing so demonstrates that you know your company brand/values and are able to recognize when others do it, as well as provides additional acknowledgment to the individual or group involved.
- Take surveys. Participate in your company's survey and encourage others on your team/in your department to take it as well. Review the results with your manager and take necessary follow-up action.
If you're following the Getting Started Basics Pathway, the links to continue are below.
Click here to return to the Getting Started Basics Pathway.