The recognitions shared by your employees in the Brand Integrity Platform® are powerful. They reinforce good work, spread best practices, showcase your organization’s values in action, and help employees understand how the work they do makes a difference for their peers, the business, and your customers. These recognition stories are meant to be shared and can be incorporated into your marketing messages to current and prospective customers, future employees, and the community.
Here are ten ways to harness the power of these recognitions beyond the walls of your organization:
- Set the stage by promoting your values. If you haven’t done so already, make your values a part of your company message. Include them on your website, in your social media, across the office, and in your new hire orientation. Your values are a key component to recognitions and the foundation for how employees are expected to live your brand and the experience you want to deliver.
- Include a recognition post on your organization’s LinkedIn page a couple times a month. Attract potential employees by highlighting the experience of new hires and other employees. Doing so is a great way to show the kind of teamwork and atmosphere they can expect from working with your organization.
- Use social media as a platform for featuring your “wow moments”—those stories about employee actions that have a significant impact on the organization, coworkers, and customers.
- Using the Activity Feed filters, set up a weekly report of all “wow moments” to your email so you don’t miss a great story to share on social media.
- Have an “employee of the month” program? Great! Support this acknowledgement by sharing an example of a recognition the employee received, along with their picture.
- Encourage employees to like and share posts about themselves and their team members. What a great way to showcase teamwork!
- Educate people on your values by featuring one per month, promoting a related recognition as an example of that value in action.
- Connect with your marketing manager to brainstorm how to incorporate recognitions into your existing social media calendar.
- If your employee recognition platform includes customer recognitions, feature one of those per month on your company website home page, or in your marketing materials, as a testimonial to the outstanding service your people provide.
- Incorporate employee events, such as recognition dinners or an annual company picnic, into your company’s Facebook page. Sharing these celebrations gives a picture of what your company is like on the inside by showing how employees are treated.
As always, be sure to follow your company’s social media and confidentiality policies.